|Sheep Shearing at Gore Place in Waltham|
1. Healthy Kids Day at the Y. All over the country, YMCAs are participating in Healthy Kids Day, which is an initiative to improve the health and well-being of kids. My husband, musician Matt B. Mahoney, will be playing kids music at the Oak Square Y in Brighton. Activities at different locations may vary but include snacks, moon bounces, and more. FREE.
2. Gore Place Sheep Shearing Festival in Waltham. This is one of my family's favorite events. We used to even go pre-kid! Aside from sheep shearing, there's herding dog demonstrations, a craft fair, live entertainment, farm animals, and lots of fun! It's $15 per person, but kids are free. Gore Place is a really cool spot, too! Enjoy!
3. Princess and Frog Day at the Stone Zoo. Meet your favorite princesses and learn all about frogs! Save $2 on your tickets if you buy them online.
4. Fenway Park's open house. This is too good to be true for any baseball fan! It includes a showcase game and a visiting areas like theclubhouses, dugouts, batting cages and the bullpen! All concessions will be open. FREE.
5. Earth Day Festival in Concord. There's a parade, exhibits, music, and local food. FREE.